Sunday, October 12, 2008

Here Be Turkey Legs

And pirates, wenchs and Knights in shining armor. It's the Carolina Rennaisance Festival. It was my first time to a Ren Fest so I spent the day just wandering around. Seems like mostly you buy things. There's blown glass, jewlery, leather and all types of "garb" (that's clothes). They have shows though, and a joust and musicians. Most of whom are very good. I really enjoyed the joust. How often do you get to see men in armor on horseback? Yeah, not often. Altogther, it was good fun and worth the trip to see it. I refrained from purchasing any garb, being that I do not wish to start an alternate career as a wench. But I did enjoy my food on a stick (it was sausage and it was decent) and my crepe with lemon and sugar. That was pretty tasty. Not often do you see pirates making crepes. Maybe that's why they're extinct.

No comments: