Tuesday, October 28, 2008

God. Country. Kitchen.

Everyone knows that the current organziation of kitchens is owed to the military. There is hierarchy. There is uniformity. And there is a unit. It's a bit like the Marines, without the ugly haircuts. Like the Corps, it is a team effort. You never leave a man behind. Which is why Friday found me up to my elbows in chicken flour, trying to help my buddy who was in the weeds with his stuff. All of my stuff was done, I wasn't going to let him fall on his face if I could prevent it. On Mondays, when they see me foundering in salad bar and pasta mania, they step up. Dressings get made, pastas get panned up. Food has to be done when it has to be done. There is no tape delay, we are live.

Failure is not an option.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good one! You need to write a book, post haste.