Friday, March 12, 2010

Friendly Fire

I've been under the weather lately. Benadryl is my newest best friend, and Claritin can get me thru a day. However for the past two days, I've not taken my Claritin and consequently, get these boggling headaches about halfway thru my day. So I pull the Tylenol from the secured location and took two. Yesterday, I took the last two. I put the bottle on the table to throw away before I left.

I forgot.

The people in charge of things did a walk thru and discovered my forgetfulness. While not an unpardonable sin, it is a definite black mark on a mostly-spotless record. Gah. That's enough to put my head on a swivel for the rest of the year.

Sigh.

Here's the thing I learned: People can be friendly but that does not make them your friends. It pays to remember that your job exists at the sufferance of someone else.

Bring your A game.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we always learn lessons the hard way. Your profession is overly regulated and bogged down in red tape. Any time kids are involved, the government has the hands in there. Get out when the "getting" gets good!