Friday, April 30, 2010

Cuz I'm Awesome

It's May now and the school year is coming into the home stretch. The kids are squirelly, the teachers are tired, I'm cranky and sore. But since the kids have been mostly good ones most of the year, I gave them a bit of a treat. Since we had curly fries, I went ahead and deep-fried them. I was a god.
One of the teachers asked why I don't deep fry them all the time. I explained that if I didn't care about their health, I would. Frying is easy, fast and doesn't dirty up all my sheet pans. But I do care about what they eat. I can't do anything about their diet at home or anywhere else, so maybe I'm not helping, but the least I can do is not hurt them.
It's like the Hippocratic Oath, "First, do no harm."
So I was revered and celebrated today. Which should make it funny on Monday when they realize there's Super Salads for lunch.

Chef giveth and Chef taketh away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did you eat a super salad? I think not. Practice what you preach, chef! However, still good that you try to teach them good habits.