Saturday, September 20, 2008

Repast for the Sick

Ah fall, with the changing leaves and cooler temperatures and that seasonal bugaboo, Allergies. Ugh. It feels like someone with really big hands has grabbed my face and is just squishing it. It is not pleasant. I have some very nice meds here, some that make me sleep, others that make me loopy. But food is essential comfort when you're sick. My mom would fix me Chicken -n-Stars soup when I was sick. The stars are what makes you feel better. Now that I'm all (or mostly) grown up, it is still my go-to meal when I'm not feeling so good. Soup and a grilled cheese sandwich and a good cuppa. I drink a lot of tea when I'm sick. It's soothing and makes my head feel better. I have a cup before I go to work and then another when I get home. Drugs are good, and tea is good, but it's always gonna be the stars for me...

May you and yours be healthy.

No comments: